Re: IAB Job Description - Call for Comments

Has anyone done a Venn Diagram of how the various I* entities relate/overlap
in their responsabilities?  We did a bunch of diagrams of connectivity for
IASA2, make one of the diagrams a live document?

Reading the IAB job description, I realized that the IAB is the converging
point for "IETF" and "IRTF" activities.  In one view, that puts the IAB
"above" (superset of, really) the IETF, but that's not my understanding of
things.

Why does the IAB have iab.org, while the IESG, IETF LLC have ietf.org.
And the irtf.org has a web site... is the list of RGs' driven by the datatracker?

I wonder if the occurances of "IETF" in the IAB description might be better
replaced with "IESG".

Is there a bubble that includes the IAB, the "IETF" (as envisioned by the IAB
job description) and the IRTF?   If so, what is the name for that bubble?

Is the IRTF part of the IETF?  It's weird that the IRTF is defined in
RFC4440, which defines the IAB, which is part of the IETF, yet the IRTF is
not part of the IETF.

Is the IRTF a sister entity to the IETF, or the IESG?
Is the IRSG a sister entity to the IAB, or the IESG?

(I hate the moniker "IETF LLC", and I wish we'd make up a new informal name.
I guess it should start with I.  I can think of at least one disrepectful
five-letter word that starts with I...)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-