Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc7437bis-07.txt> (IAB, IESG, IETF Trust and IETF LLC Selection, Confirmation, and Recall Process: Operation of the IETF Nominating and Recall Committees) to Best Current Practice

> On Jun 26, 2019, at 7:18 PM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi SM,
>
> below...
>
> On 27-Jun-19 07:11, S Moonesamy wrote:
>> Hi Alissa,

>>> "Community Petition".  However, it does not provide any rationale
>>> for restricting signatories to "members of the IETF community" who
>>> can afford to attend IETF meetings.  Why are there two classes of
>>> members in the IETF?

>>> of the Internet Standards Process, which is fairness.  Unfairness
>>> is not be usually considered as a "Best Common Practice" and yet
>>> this draft intends to "standardize" it.  It would be quite
>>> unfortunate if the members of the IESG condoned the procedure
>>> specified in Section 7.1.1.

>>> following sentence has been added to the -08 version of the document:
>>>
>>> "This revision addresses only the changes required for IASA 2.0;
>>> should the community agree on other changes, they will be addressed
>>> in future documents."
>>
>> If I am not mistaken, the process for this Last Call is based on BCP
>> 9.  The proposed sentence unfortunately does not address the comments
>> which I sent on the Last Call.
>
> Maybe it was a bit too summarised, but the scope of *this* update to
> the NomCom process was (according to the charter of the IASA2 WG in general)
> to make the changes required by the creation of IETF LLC and the closing
> of the IAOC. So I think the response is correct: state this scope restriction
> in the document and move on.

Yes. This document does not provide a rationale for how it defines nomcom-eligibility because RFC 7437 does not provide such a rationale. Providing such a rationale or changing the definition of nomcom-eligibility are not changes required for IASA 2.0, so they are not in scope for this document.

Thanks,
Alissa