Re: The RSE's perspective

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 1:48 PM Randy Bush <randy@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Postel was dead before I entered university

occasionally age is a benefit

Yes, but eventually it isn't.  If you don't bring anyone new into your community, your community doesn't last long.  So maybe help educate us young'uns?

> so I'm clear, you think we should pay someone to be RSE, and have
> nobody reviewing their work?

those are your words, not mine.

until the corporitization (rfced forgive me) of the ietf, cooperation,
stewardship, and integrity were more important than hierarchy.

 I'm honestly trying to understand what you're saying here.  Are you saying that we need to focus efforts on finding an RSE that displays those values, as opposed to trying to guard against failures of those values?

--Richard