Re: RFC Editor model

Hiya,

On 25/06/2019 18:21, Adrian Farrel wrote:
> It is sad, however, that these concerns are not brought to the
> Independent Submissions Editor for discussion. Some tensions can be
> handled by reconciling the differences between perceptions and the
> situation on the ground. I did talk with the IESG at IETF-102 (the
> slides are available at
> http://www.olddog.co.uk/ise-iesg-ietf102.pdf), but have had only
> passing conversations with anyone on the IAB.
Nice slides. I agree you are not a problem:-)

FWIW, I think discussion of the RFC editor model will
be much more tractable and likely to result in a result
(be that change or status-quo) if we don't as part of
this delve into (im)perfection of the types of RFC, WTF
Updates means?, etc.

For me, that'd definitely include *not* reconsidering
the existence of the ISE but just valuing the ISE's
input to the discussion as one of stream owners.

Or, we can of course each pick a tiny wee ocean and
individually attempt to get that to the boil...

Cheers,
S.