Re: Call for Community Input: Web Analytics on www.ietf.org

In article <CAE28D82-0732-49F8-9F57-64A0E8D91F65@xxxxxxxxx> you write:
>I just tried to load this document and got a 404 message
>
>I was looking to see if the proposal included a change to the IETF privacy statement (https://www.ietf.org/privacy-statement/)
>that revealed that the IETF was monitoring the activities of visitors to the IETF web pages

The page looks fine to me, perhaps the paren was confusing

https://www.ietf.org/privacy-statement/

It says this:

  Certain visitor characteristics may be reflected in our web server
  logs (such as, operating system, browser version, and Internet
  Protocol (IP) address). We do not make such information available to
  the public. When you interact with our web sites we may use cookies to
  uniquely identify you during a session to allow us to process your
  online transactions and requests and to verify your identity, after
  you have logged in to a web site and to track user activity between
  sessions.

Assuming the reports are aggregated I don't see anything new here.

R's,
John