Re: Another mail bomber

On Fri, 10 May 2019, John C Klensin wrote:
Yes, but remember (as I have been reminded recently) that the
sergeant-at-arms is responsible for the IETF list and not any WG
or non-WG lists.  Maybe we should change that, or at least have
a standard/canned note about good and acceptable practices that
can be sent out easily on the authority of the responsible
person for a list or someone else, but that is a separate
discussion (which I'd encourage the IESG to have at their
convenience).

Seems reasonable. In this case the guy or thing seems to have stopped, but we seem to have a newish pattern of a few disruptive messages sent to a lot of lists. In the commercial world we call this snowshoe spam, spread lightly enough that no individual gets enough to act on it but in the aggregate quite annoying.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY