Re: Another mail bomber

--On Friday, May 10, 2019 12:03 -0400 Russ Housley
<housley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> John:
>
> Wouldn't it be better for the sergeant-at-arms to give at
> least one warning first?  If the warning is ignored, then
> blocking seems like the right action.

Yes, but remember (as I have been reminded recently) that the
sergeant-at-arms is responsible for the IETF list and not any WG
or non-WG lists.  Maybe we should change that, or at least have
a standard/canned note about good and acceptable practices that
can be sent out easily on the authority of the responsible
person for a list or someone else, but that is a separate
discussion (which I'd encourage the IESG to have at their
convenience).

And it seems to me that there is no need to drag Glen and his
team into any of this until there is an actual decision made to
block someone.

    john

     john