Re: [IAB] [arch-d] deprecating Postel's principle- considered harmful

Hiya,

Just to clarify where I'm coming from...

On 07/05/2019 22:32, Christian Huitema wrote:
> The alternative is what I see in "modern" specifications, like e.g. QUIC.

ISTM taking the approach outlined in Martin's draft with QUIC
is a good plan. I also know that this approach has improved
TLS even though TLS didn't start out doing things this way.
And I can totally buy it being valuable to at least consider
taking this approach for any new work. So I do like the core
idea on which the draft is based.

I'm just not sure as to how generally it can be applied, nor
if we can really say that "if only protocol X had taken this
approach, things would have turned out better."

S.