Re: AD Sponsorship of draft-moonesamy-recall-rev

Hi Spencer,
At 06:57 PM 20-04-2019, Spencer Dawkins at IETF wrote:
Well, an IESG did exactly that in the early 2000s, resulting in https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3774.

We have addressed a minority of the problems we identified a decade and a half ago, but ISTM that taking a look at RFC 3774 and seeing what remains to be fixed, and whether it's worth fixing, might be a FABulous place to start ...

The current administration [1] has not expressed any interest in the recall-rev draft. If it is interested in that RFC, it could talk with the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) to find proponents willing to tackle some other set of the minority of problems.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. The word has a different meaning in some countries.