Re: exploring the process of self retiring one's name from an RFC

Le 19/04/2019 à 21:53, Marco Davids a écrit :
Christian Huitema wrote:

 > You filed an errata to remove your authorship.
 > That errata should be rejected

I've been pondering about this. Is there a need for a mechanism to solve cases like this? Should we allow authors to distant themselves from previous work, by making a brief statement in an errata? Maybe we should.

I think yes.

I think I could live with an errata to RFC7421, stating what was stated and leave the RFC itself in tact. The most appropriate status for it would probably be: 'Held for Document Update'[1].

I agree to leave the RFC intact, just w/o my name in it. I filed an Errata about it.

I dont understand 'Held for doc update'.

I do not support this RFC anylonger.

Alex

Would that work for for you, Alexandre?