Re: The "decline of the true believers in the IETF" graph

Hi Michael,

> On Apr 10, 2019, at 6:54 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> Alissa Cooper <alissa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> We actually had that in the graph the secretariat originally produced,
>> but took it out for the plenary slide since I didn’t want to overload
>> people with information for a slide that wasn’t going to be on the
>> screen very long. You can see it here:
>> https://datastudio.google.com/reporting/
>> 1QceS5g7XvELBUObRDIApjxjZg2a08plH/page/YHqZ?s=veSmL7Dy01g
>
> I looked at the slide, and I noticed that the nomcom-eligible line seems to
> go up and down in sync with the new attendees line.  I'd think if there is
> any relationship there should be a delay of 3-5 meetings.  So I'm wondering
> if I am reading the graph correctly.

Both first-time and nomcom-eligible correlate somewhat with the total attendees. That is, a meeting with fewer total attendees also tends to have fewer attendees who have been to 3 out of 5.

> Does the datastudio permit people to run what-if scenarios without violating
> the privacy of the data source?  Does it match people who remote attended
> with their in-person attendance?
>
> I'd specifically like to run some nomcom-remain-eligible scenarios.

No, this is not possible with the datastudio data. You can right-click the chart to download the data, but it is provided in the aggregate.

Alissa