Re: The "decline of the true believers in the IETF" graph

Hi Stewart,

Apologies for taking some time to respond. We use email address to identify individuals (and we recognize how imperfect this is). Unfortunately, since the registration system does not have user accounts  -- by design, at the IETF's request -- we don't have any other means of tracking registrants.

I will note that we are currently developing a new registration system. The new system will permit individuals to login using their datatracker credentials, if desired. When deployed, this may help us obtain more accurate numbers. However, even this is far from perfect: we recently compared the 12215 unique email addresses found in the registration database since IETF 72, and just under 1/2 of them (5570) appear in the Datatracker as having been associated with a user.

Alexa