RE: Intdir early review of draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-34 - free or not free access to 802.11-2016 document

Hi Alex,

I created and logged in using a new personal account (not from the Cisco corporate network).  I also needed to add a physical address, but after that I was able to download the pdf version of the standard to my phone at no charge.

So, I believe that this document (IEEE 802.11-2016) is currently freely available.

However, I'm not sure whether this particular version will still be freely available if a new version of the 802.11 standard is published.  I might be wrong, but I think that just that latest version that is at least 6 months old that is available at no charge, after that you need to pay (or get it via a personal/corporate IEEE membership) ... certainly that is what the website seems to indicate if I try and access an older revision of the IEEE 802.11 standard.

HTH,
Rob