Re: I-D Action: draft-moonesamy-recall-rev-00.txt

On 3/29/19 3:28 AM, S Moonesamy wrote:

According to the promotional material [1], using the Internet is a good way to participate in an IETF meeting.  What is the IETF communicating to the persons who use that as a means of participation in its "standards process"?  It is 2019; if one of those persons is of the opinion that there is a justification for requesting a recall of an Area Director, the person is unable to sign such a request.

Your concern is valid and should be addressed somehow.  But I can't help but have the impression that this is the least of the issues facing someone who wishes or needs to participate remotely.

I see the recall process as a stopgap measure in case the less drastic and disruptive measures for ensuring fairness have failed.  If recalls have to be considered more than once every several years, something else is likely to be wrong.

So I guess I'm curious - what problems are we having that cause people to think we need to make recalls easier, and could those problems be addressed in less disruptive ways?

Keith