Re: I-D Action: draft-moonesamy-recall-rev-00.txt

Hi Spencer,
At 12:40 AM 27-03-2019, Spencer Dawkins at IETF wrote:
Just top-posting - I wonder if doing this process change as an https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3933 process experiment (one-year duration) would make people feel better about trying this.

RFC 3933 was intended to let the community try things without having to prove that nothing bad is going to happen after we make a process change.

Thanks for the suggestion. There were some comments in past discussions about changes in which that RFC was mentioned. There was one such experiment. It took five years to reclassify that experiment.

According to the promotional material [1], using the Internet is a good way to participate in an IETF meeting. What is the IETF communicating to the persons who use that as a means of participation in its "standards process"? It is 2019; if one of those persons is of the opinion that there is a justification for requesting a recall of an Area Director, the person is unable to sign such a request. Would it make Area Directors feel better if the first step of the recall process is only open to the persons who are personally known to them?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/104/remote/