Re: cultural sensitivity towards new comers (was Re: voting rights in general)

> On 26 Mar 2019, at 15:42, Salz, Rich <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>   New participants could also stand to get some training.
>
> We offer newcomer's training on Sunday, and the same presentation a couple of times the weeks before the IETF.  Are there other things we could do? See https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/104/newcomers/ and  https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-edu-sesse-newcomers-overview-for-ietf-104-00

Do we include a map showing where all the historic IETF minefields are?

"So we should add a DHCPv6 default gateway option!"
"We can just insert an extra header here rather than encapsulating!"
etc.

I suspect if newcomers step on one of those unwittingly they may get a harsher response than usual.

I wonder what the 10 biggest mines are....?

Tim