From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Brian E Carpenter
Sent: 21 March 2019 03:48
To: ietf@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Recall process

On 21-Mar-19 15:21, S Moonesamy wrote:
> Hi Scott,
> At 04:53 PM 20-03-2019, Scott O. Bradner wrote:
>> are you referring to the people who could qualify for the noncom and
>> those who could not?
>>
>> just trying to be sure what you are referring to
>
> I was referring to the rule in Section 7 of RFC 7437 which sets the
> requirements for qualified signatories.  I was not referring to the
> nomcom process.

Yes, I believe it intentionally creates two classes of participants -
those with, or without, reasonable personal knowledge of the individual
concerned and the situation that has arisen.

As I attend fewer meetings than in the past, I certainly find it
harder to make judgments about tricky situations. So I find the rule
reasonable.

   Brian