Re: [Recentattendees] [104all] Further Clarification Re: IETF 104 Preliminary Agenda

> On Feb 25, 2019, at 10:33 AM, Fred Baker <fredbaker.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 24, 2019, at 11:34 PM, Stewart Bryant <stewart.bryant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> A better approach might be to ask people at registration what sessions they needed to attend.
>
> An even better approach, although it delays feedback by one meeting, would be to look into the IETFers Application data. People list what they want to attend for the purpose of calendar maintenance. That would inform the next meeting's agenda development.

While a neat idea, it’s not currently possible because I don’t save any private data. And while no user is associated with that data, (I don’t even create users), it is something that could be collected anonymously in the future. There’s a lot that could be done with anonymous statistics or even creating actual users (like automatic blue sheet sign in using Bluetooth LE Proximity sensors or locating colleagues or subscribing to notifications), but I haven’t had time to think through the GDPR implications.

Tom