Re: sr.ht --- "sir hat" --- alternatives to Github

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 09:36:52AM +0200, Lars Eggert wrote:
> On 2019-1-24, at 18:30, Nico Williams <nico@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > But GH does NOT send you email copies of your comments and actions.
>
> The quic-issues@xxxxxxxx setup we use does get email for everyone's actions.
>
> How we did this is described in
> https://larseggert.github.io/github-bcp/#rfc.section.2.2, which was at
> some point slated to become an appendix in one of the other active
> drafts, but I think that never happened.
>
> Here is the relevant part:

[snip -- a dummy GH user posts notifications to a list]

That's better than what I had in mind (a dummy GH user for _me_), and it
works.  GH needs a better email interface, but this will do.  Perhaps
this should be a standard setup for WGs that use GH a lot, and perhaps
there could be a single dummy GH user doing this for all IETF WGs.

Thanks,

Nico