Re: [OPSEC] [Tsv-art] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-06

> On Dec 5, 2018, at 5:02 AM, Nick Hilliard <nick@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> there is a more general issue, namely that protocols are often written without the benefit of hindsight or experience

Yet we had that experience by 8200 and did not remove HBH options or their flags.

I agree there is a problem her, but it is not a security problem.  We cannot continue to claim that the options exist if they can be silently ignored at will while being marked Sa ‘drop if not supported’.

Fix the problem. But let’s not perpetuate the lies.

Joe