Re: Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-opsec-ipv6-eh-filtering-06

Joe,

On 24/11/18 17:59, Joe Touch wrote:
> The problem is operators using this advice as if it were BCP - and later docs treating the suggestions as recommended advice.
>
> This treats everything unknown as an attack (a disease I’ve noted in many similar docs for years), where it should also consider that doing so is *itself* an attack on the very flexibility we design in as standard.

This is the reality: RFC7872.

We should consider claiming vitory if somehow people were to follow the
advice in this draft.

This is what happens in the operations camp:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-v6ops-ipv6-ehs-packet-drops-03-

Ironically, the possible harm you apparently see behind this document
is, from an operations-reality pov, kind of a very idealistic take. --
the situation right now is that you cannot use EHs reliably on the
Internet. If if you even expect non-standardized EHs to go through,
then, while nice, that expectation really needs a reality-check.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks