Re: The Friday Experiment

I found the experiment to be valuable - we did learn a few things.
Since perfection is not the goal, I think trying to understand how we
would function with a reduction to four main days was worthwhile.
That said, it appears the downsides (we seem to not deal well with the
compressed schedule well) may outweigh the upsides.

My personal opinion is that the main goal of the face-to-face meetings
is to meet face-to-face.  So attempting to knock off a day seems to
not be worthwhile if it means we risk significant overlap and
conflicts for the days we are at the IETF.    I guess for those who
don't want to be away from home too long, we just need to accept that
it's not going to be prefect.   I know other organizations seem to
often have some flex to end early to allow folks to get home before
the weekend starts, but sacrificing the main point of getting together
(to get work done) - does not seem to be the right compromise.

regards,

Victor K