Re: The Friday Experiment

> On 12 Nov 2018, at 15:03, Dirk Kutscher <ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On that topic: Since we are now starting on Saturday (which seems to be useful), the IETF is often killing two weekends for at least some of us. With different company policies for (not) compensating for weekend-travel/work, this could be a problem from a family-friendliness perspective.
>
> Have we considered to have the meetings go from Wed to Wed (or Thurs to Thurs)? It would allow people to avoid weekend travel (plus shift the flights to less popular days, thus reducing cost and increasing upgrade probabilities).

That would make the meeting less work-friendly.

To get to the meeting Wednesday morning, you would need to miss at least part of Tuesday if the meeting is in your region, and probably all of Tuesday and maybe even Monday. So that week is gone. On the following week, you might be able to make it to work on Thursday if the meeting is in your region, but only on Friday otherwise.

So this proposal kills two weeks at work, making it less likely for us corporate folks to be able to attend.

Yoav