Re: [Iasa20] draft-ietf-iasa2-rfc2418bis-01.txt

--On Sunday, October 21, 2018 10:07 +1300 Brian E Carpenter
<brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> fwiw I agree. There is no reference to IASA in 2418, for
> obvious reasons.
>
> From a practical point of view, any terminology issue could
> be handled
> as an erratum with disposition "wait for update".

That, IMO, would be an even better solution than creating an
updating document that says "any time earlier documents say
'IETF Executive Director' replace it with..." and similar things
and then hunting down the relevant documents and marking them as
updated.

Depending on how compulsive the WG and relevant AD are feeling,
I think either would work.  But we really have better ways to
spend our time than replacing a process document to change a
title... or at least I hope we do.

Frankly, the only good reason I can see for generating all of
these IASA2 documents just to change terminology is to create
enough noise that the community doesn't notice and pay attention
to changes that actually might be controversial.   I trust and
assume that is not the intent of anyone involved.

    john