Re: Diversity considerations

On Tue, 2 Oct 2018, Yoav Nir wrote:
As for i18n, I don’t think that I or any other foreign language speaker have any special competence in any of this. I can spot bi-directional failure, such as the “I speak Hebrew” buttons from a few years ago that were printed backwards, but I think any of our unicode experts knows more about the issues of bi-directionality and scripts with multiple forms (or is it glyphs?) far more than I do.  I can only look at an output and say, “No, this doesn’t look right”.

Having been working in i18n for a while, merely having people who can say no, that's now how one would render that text is often useful.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY