Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-00.txt> (Update to the Selection of Trustees for the IETF Trust) to Best Current Practice

Hi Jari, Ted,
At 02:18 PM 21-09-2018, The IESG wrote:
The IESG has received a request from the IETF Administrative Support Activity
2 WG (iasa2) to consider the following document: - 'Update to the Selection
of Trustees for the IETF Trust'
  <draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-update-00.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the

It took me some to understand out what this memo updates as the draft does not reference the sections of the previous RFCs which are being updated. I suggest clarifying that in the draft.

Shouldn't draft-ietf-iasa2-trust-rationale-00 be a normative reference?

The draft states that IETF rules regarding recalls will be applicable for this new selection process. I gather that the authors of this draft are aware that a significant [1] number of IETF participants who participate remotely. A person within that group is systematically disqualified from participating in a recall petition. I unfortunately have to raise an objection to the inclusion of the last paragraph in Section 2.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. The number of registered remote participants for IETF 102 was 547.