Re: Diversity and offensive terminology in RFCs

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 12:51 PM Tony Finch <dot@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A lot of this problematic terminology is metaphorical in some way. If you
> strive to use descriptive terms, rather than metaphorical terms, then you
> should end up with language that is more straightforward and clear.
>
> For example, block list / allow list.

This for me is a good example of an improvement. I've used the terms
white/blacklist a lot in context of teaching routing security around
the world, but I now see that allowlist/blocklist is a far better (and
prescriptive) term.

I appreciate this being discussed in IETF.

Kind regards,

Job