Re: [103attendees] Update on IETF 103 visa information

I thought Carsten was kidding, until I saw

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 11:23 AM Carsten Bormann <cabo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sep 14, 2018, at 17:58, Michael Richardson <mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.thaiembassy.ca/en/visiting-thailand/visas/yellow-fever-infected-areas

Yeah, people from those areas or that have travelled them are probably aware of this need, which is why I didn’t mention it.
Of course, the experienced traveller always has their yellow fever documentation on hand with their passport.
(If you don’t have the vaccination already, you may not be getting out enough :-)

The brush here may be a bit broad (and what does “have travelled” mean?   Last week?  Last decade?), but the request is sensible and rather normal.  80 % of the IETFers are probably not affected (unless the Argentina IETF counts under “have travelled”…).

at that link,

 Following are the countries which are declared Yellow Fever Infected Areas.
... snipped down to

44 Argentina: Argentina Republic

So, I, myself, am suddenly curious about how long "have traveled" lasts :-)

(Note that this is not an informed opinion, that I have no knowledge of this topic beyond being smart enough to click on links Carsten provides, and that, as in everything involving international travel, your mileage may vary)

Spencer