Re: meeting in other places (some flattery for london)

Sensible countries like Japan and Germany have high speed TRAINS from international hubs to other cities.. Try pricing IAD to FRA instead and go by train to Berlin. Even if you have to spend the first night at one of the airport hotels, you can get some amazing deals on DB if you book in advance, and the train station is at the airport.

On 6 Apr 2018, at 18:53, Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joe@xxxxxxx

I would have thought that too, and maybe it will get better in time, but due to the bankruptcy of a Berlin-based airline and presumably the loss of all of those routes, it can be quite expensive to get to Berlin these days. I will be there in June and the economy flights are running at $3,500 round-trip from IAD. I'd like to hope that the market could sort this out in time but that's crazypants.

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
Chief Technologist, Center for Democracy & Technology [https://www.cdt.org]