Re: [TLS] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-tls-tls13-24

Salz, Rich <rsalz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>    format, which I assume just means adding a free-form text field to the
>>    existing alerts.
>
>Doesn't it have to be tagged with language and codeset these days?

Possibly, if you consider being able to say "Invalid length encoding in
preferred-ECC-curves extension" in Tswana is mission-critical to debugging a
TLS handshake failure.

>I think we're past USASCII

Since this is being used purely as a debugging facility by one set of
developers to communicate technical details to another set of developers, I'd
say it should use the same language and terminology that the technical spec
that's being implemented is written in.  Let me just check for a second what
that could be.

Gosh, it's USASCII.

Peter.