Re: Proposed Photography Policy

I'll agree with you on "home of pointless".  I can see situations in which people don't want to be photographed and I personally hate to be photographed.  But, it's a little ironic that this is coming up before London where the average person is caught on CCTV anywhere from 70-300 times/day.  Of course, not everyone has access to that - i.e., that doesn't get posted on Facebook.   In many activities in which you participate, it's very common when you sign up that you agree to the photographing etc.  - my son ended up on the cover of a summer camp brochure one time because of this.  And, I had my picture posted on an outdoor company's FB page  almost immediately when I was in Hawaii whale watching.   One could see situations where this could be problematic for someone's personal safety (e.g., a ugly and possibly dangerous child custody situation or stalker).  So, I wouldn't want to minimize someone that might have a concern that falls into that category, but at the same time given the proliferation of cameras, I think it's an impossibility to even think this would work.

Mary.