Re: www.ietf.org

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 02:00:13PM -0800,
 Stephanie McCammon <smccammon@xxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 51 lines which said:

> From our logs it appears that the ticket you referenced (201081) was
> responded to within 24 hours and the specific example you raised was
> fixed at that time.

The specific URLs I mentioned were fixed. But there were many
others. Fixing broken links by waiting for someone to submit a ticket
one by one is not efficient. For instance, all meeting pages were
broken. I reported for IETF 92 and it was originally fixed for IETF
92, not for the other meetings.

The proper way to track 404 is to grep the logs. This way, you can
find, not only missing pages, but also for instance, that some pages
load CSS and/or JS which no longer exists (look at the
anti-harrassment policy
<https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/ietf-anti-harassment-policy.html>)

> I know there are people working hard to repair them

Please leave "We are working very hard on this" to politicians. Here,
the problem is not a lack of work, I know you work, the problem is a
bad method (waiting for reports instead of analyzing the access logs).