Re: www.ietf.org

Hi Stephane,

I’m sorry you feel that your ticket was not properly addressed. From our logs it appears that the ticket you referenced (201081) was responded to within 24 hours and the specific example you raised was fixed at that time.

Unfortunately, there are other missing redirects that still need to be repaired; thank you for bringing several more of those to our attention. I know there are people working hard to repair them, and the Secretariat is assisting with that effort as much as time permits. Please note that this will take some time to complete.

Thank you,

Stephanie McCammon
IETF Senior Project Manager
5177 Brandin Court
Fremont, CA 94538
T: +1.510.492.4081
F: +1.510.492.4001

Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting, and Event Planning
www.amsl.com

On Jan 15, 2018, at 01:26 , Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@xxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 10:42:53PM -0500,
Alissa Cooper <alissa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote
a message of 17 lines which said:

> As a few folks have noted, the webmaster@xxxxxxxx alias is indeed
> the place to file bugs. Every bug I’ve filed has garnered a personal
> response and a fix or an explanation for why not within hours and I
> suspect others who have made use of it have had similar experiences.

Not for me: at least one ticket ([www.ietf.org/rt #201081]) was closed
without the problem fixed and without explanations.

Also, we expect that some things will be done without users having to
file a ticket. Chasing old links that are broken could and should be
done by checking 404 in the log, without asking participants to do
this themselves.