Re: Today's transition for www.ietf.org

Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12/01/18 13:07, Eliot Lear wrote:
>> And I would vote that we continue to improve the new site, bugs and all,
>> and just learn as we go.  This should not be a one-time effort but a
>> process.
>
> I agree with Eliot. And with the reasons for changing that Andrew
> and Brian listed. There's stuff to fix, but I'm happy it'll get
> fixed (or be complained about 'till fixed:-).

Well, except that I do not see *ANYTHING* at all, from what was
complained about when the new design was first aired as beta,
has acutally lead to an improvement.  Instead, the site was put into
production with additional new problems.

As far as mobile access in concerned,
the previous site was magnitudes better comprehensible and consumable
for mobile devices.

See screenshots from my own mobile for the beta site back from July 2017:

https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/XXcX-IIHxFylGlLWJa0mU-W8UNY

About the silly background monster photo -- could you *AT*LEAST*
use a picture name that is going to be eternally constant, so
that I at least opt-out of this climate killer easily with my
ad-blocker.  With uBlock, I chose the surrounding html element
instead, because of the non-generic picture name, and this
killed more than the picture.

-Martin