Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

Dear Miles,

two quick responses from two of your emails - that I have treated in one email.

On 24/11/2017 21:21, Miles Fidelman wrote:

ISOC's "experience and skill in working with governments" stems primarily from the work of key individuals, many of them associated with IETF (and ARIN, and ICANN), who have both credibility and direct involvement in Internet governance.  ISOC, as an organization & a community has simply been along for the ride.

Having been at ground zero at WCIT12 I can tell you that was not the case at all. ISOC staff-developed white papers were key to many of the arguments that governments which ended up not signing were reading to develop their arguments. ISOC was a great fact resource. Key individuals were indeed there too, but everything did not rest on their shoulders. My understanding, although I have not had time to be on the ground at ITU F2F meetings since then, whether Plenipot, WTSA, WTDC, is that ISOC still fulfils that role well.