Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

Please don't send private responses to public comments.

Well, OK.

Is it a membership organization?  It purported to be, at the beginning - but individual membership has come and gone, doesn't carry a vote, or dues.  It's a non-profit with a self-perpetuating board of trustees.  So it's not really clear what is.

As is trivial to find out by looking at ISOC's web site, there are individual members, and the board is selected by a complex process, not by the existing trustees.

Since we seem to be arguing about easily checked facts, I'll stop here.

R's,
John