Re: Last Call: <draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt-13.txt> (Effect of Pervasive Encryption on Operators) to Informational RFC

On 11/13/17 4:08 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> 1. Introduction - "Ideally, new methods could be developed to accomplish the goals of current practices despite changes in the extent to which cleartext will be available to network operators." It's not at all clear that this would be ideal, since the goals of some of the documented practices are quite questionable, both technically and ethically.

Can you please explain what you mean by that last statement?  I ask
because the statement leads us to a dead end when it is not qualified,
rather than a way forward to address what you might think "legitimate"
problems to solve.

Eliot