Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

Hi Charles,

> Overall I think the new mission statement is quite good.

Thanks!

> Rather than add more specific examples to the existing set of
> highlighted activities, how about adding something in the mission
> statement about implementation and application in addition to the
> development of open standards. This would leave it to the IETF
> community to decide on methods to achieve this, e.g. more emphasis
> on running code, reference implementations, protocol validation,
> workshops on enabling new standards and functionality, etc.

Good point! In fact, ISOC is *already* supporting the implementation
and deployment of some technologies. I agree we should not be only
talking about development. I will discuss with the board how to
address this comment. Thanks!

Cheers,

Gonzalo