Re: letting IETF build on top of Open Source technology

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Alia Atlas <akatlas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can you explain your different interpretation?

I see "Standards Track", which clearly means RFC, and "not Standards
Track".  Assuming that to also mean RFC would be a logical error.  If
the entire premise of 3967 is to describe how RFCs refer to other RFCs
of a lower maturity levels, it never outright says it.  I agree that
this would appear to be the intent and interpretation, but it seems
like 3967-bis might be a neater way to address your central concern
(that we also refer to things other than RFCs, OMG, NIH!)  FWIW, the
narrow scope here (and in 3967) does us all a disservice when a
slightly larger mallet would do the job more definitively.