Re: Proposal to revise ISOC's mission statement

I'm only going to address one part of this.

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 04:30:51PM +0300, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> I???ve been tracking personally the problem of spam for several years [...]

I've been studying the problem of spam for several decades, and while it's
certainly serious, certainly has numerous privacy and security implications,
certainly is extensively linked to other forms of abuse and attacks, and
certainly is contrary to some laws in some countries, I don't think
a massive litigation strategy is will be effective against it -- nor do
I think that's something the ISOC (or IETF) should pursue.

> I???m convinced that whois privacy is a big problem, as it hides criminals,
> and we should get involved in making sure that ICANN understands it.

I think they understand it just fine.

---rsk

p.s. To clarify, I'm on the record stating that there should be no
anonymity of any kind in WHOIS: those operating resources on the public
Internet need to be publicly acccessible and publicly accountable.
I've also said that all WHOIS data (and all TLD zone data) should be
completely publicly accessible -- including in bulk download format
with no registrations/restrictions/etc.  But I strongly doubt either
of these things will happen.