RE: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf-01.txt> (IETF: End Work on IPv4) to Proposed Standard

Begging your pardon, Ted, but any document that has an IETF last call is a consensus document.

It has been the custom of the IESG for a good number of years (including when you were AD) to issue IETF last call on all IETF stream documents including Informational ones.

Adrian

From: ietf [mailto:ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ted Lemon
Sent: 28 September 2017 15:27
To: Andrew G. Malis
Cc: IETF Discussion; IESG
Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf-01.txt> (IETF: End Work on IPv4) to Proposed Standard

On Sep 28, 2017, at 9:48 AM, Andrew G. Malis <agmalis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

While I sympathize with the intent of this draft, I don’t understand why it’s being proposed as a standards track document. It doesn’t define any new protocols, nor does it contain any BCP 14 language. Rather, it’s a statement of policy for the IETF. I would suggest that it be published as an Informational RFC rather than standards track.

Informational documents aren't consensus documents.