Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf-01.txt> (IETF: End Work on IPv4) to Proposed Standard

On 9/28/17, 10:37 AM, "ietf on behalf of Denis Ovsienko"
<ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx on behalf of denis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>---- On Thu, 28 Sep 2017 15:27:15 +0100 Ted Lemon  wrote ----
>>On Sep 28, 2017, at 9:48 AM, Andrew G. Malis <agmalis@xxxxxxxxx>
>>wrote:While I sympathize with the intent of this draft, I don’t
>>understand why it’s being proposed as a standards track document. It
>>doesn’t define any new protocols, nor does it contain any BCP 14
>>language. Rather, it’s a statement of policy for the IETF. I would
>>suggest that it be published as an Informational RFC rather than
>>standards track.

I could see BCP, as it tells the IETF how we do our work.

>>Informational documents aren't consensus documents.

Which is why that status is not appropriate for this document.

>From my point of view those two statements actually align with each other
>because this document at this time does not represent consensus of this
>IETF.

What makes you say that? I think there is consensus, but I only base that
on hearing from people who have expressed an opinion.

Lee