Re: [Doh] WG Review: DNS Over HTTPS (doh)

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Eliot Lear <lear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Warren,
>
> Just a point of information:
>

> On 9/22/17 6:24 PM, Warren Kumari wrote:
>> Unfortunately you cannot separate case 1 from case 2 -- if you make it
>> something that enterprise folk can detect / block (on BYOD devices)
>> then you have provided that facility to everyone.
>
> Good guys generally have an existing security association with the
> device (if a bad guy has a security association with the box, we call it
> 0wn3d).

Yes, and no (and why I specified BYOD) -- a number of enterprises
allow employees to bring in personal phones / tablets / computers and
use them on the corporate network... without requiring that they
install a profile / place the devices under management -- I've lost
the reference (I'd thought it was off the BYOD wikipedia page), but
the number of organizations doing this was scary (to me!). Now,
perhaps these same organizations don't currently monitor their
employee usage through DNS...

> Eliot

idea in the first place.
of pants.