Re: [Doh] WG Review: DNS Over HTTPS (doh)

Mark,

I'll stop after this message.  Please see below:

On 9/21/17 1:41 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
On 21 Sep 2017, at 7:28 pm, Eliot Lear <lear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You still don't have a reasonable answer for discovery.
Discovery isn't necessary for the primary use case -- user-driven configuration of their browser.

Earlier you wrote:
The use case that I believe most have in mind is "as a user, I want to configure my [browser, OS] to use *this* DOH service for DNS resolution" -- where that configuration is manual; e.g., a configuration textbox or dropdown in the browser, or a file in /etc.

Please get your story straight.  Bypassing enterprise DNS entails all the risks I previously mentioned.  No one here as mentioned a means to mitigate those risks.  The only way I can think of is by tying this function into the OS and using the existing discovery mechanisms.  But if all you've got as a browser, everything looks like _javascript_, I suppose.

Eliot