Re: Not such a good call to change venues

In article <2461E040-59EE-4961-A430-68CBECB949A6@xxxxxxxx> you write:
>That is correct , Ole, LA was chosen, among for a number of reasons, including its archeologic significance to the early
>history of the Internet.

Right.  I happen to be at the event now and have talked to some of the
people who arranged it.  They tell me that visas are always a problem
no matter where you have an event and while these are unfortunate,
they're about what they'd expect for a group of this size.

I expect it didn't help that many of the awardees had never travelled
outside their home countries before.

R's,
John