Re: RFC Series publishes first RFC with non-ASCII characters

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

which means RFCs should be pure ASCII just as programming languages
use pure ASCII.

I suggest that you watch this presentation at IETF 95
<https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/95/hrpc.html>

Arabic text in presentation slides, which is illegible for
most participants, is a good example that we must use
ASCII/English only for IETF discussion involving
really international participants, if commonly recognized
characters and languages by them are ASCII/English only.

That's the internationalization.

Still, it is a good idea that a local chapter of ISOC uses
local characters and a local language for local discussions on
IETF activities, which was what I did with ISOC Japan chapter.

That is good localization but is not internationalization.

So?

					Masataka Ohta