Re: RFC Series publishes first RFC with non-ASCII characters

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:

Non-ASCII characters are not trivial to include in a document, at least
if you want to make sure the document is broadly readable. So, yes, this
is an area fraught with peril.

You still don't understand the problem at all.

As I wrote:

>>> environment has difficulty in handling non-ASCII characters.
>>
>> That's not a problem.

Broad readability is *NOT A PROBLEM*.

However, quite a bit of time was put into
determining what guidance should be applied so that we can handle those
characters. See https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7997.txt.

That is a misdirected effort to solve a wrong problem.

And, as I wrote:

> However, ultimately, it makes
> maintenance of code/rfc impossible, unless all the people
> maintaining the code/rfc can recognize all the characters
> in the code/rfc.

You can't solve the following problem:

> Problem is in human capability not to be able
> to recognize all the characters in the world.

That is why:

> Internationalized code/rfc must be written using characters recognized
> by all the international people.

which means RFCs should be pure ASCII just as programming languages
use pure ASCII.

							Masataka Ohta