Re: Hand-off agreements, when work is brought into the IETF

Kathleen Moriarty <kathleen.moriarty.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Russ already named the PKCS documents.

So, when we adopted PKCS, we adopted it in order to be able to maintain it.
We didn't have any intention of changing it.

Often we adopt documents *with* the intention of changing it, yet the
people bringing the work in, don't understand that.

{And, in some ways, we don't so much adopt PKCS, as much as we formalized
ownership over an abandoned child we had rescued.  The distinction is
important because there were no proponents that came along with the documents}

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-