Re: Hand-off agreements, when work is brought into the IETF

Dave:

Also, when change control is fully given the the IETF, we have seen the original work published as an Informational RFC that includes a statement that any future versions will be published by the IETF.

RFC 8018 is an example.  It says:

   This document represents a republication of PKCS #5 v2.1 from RSA
   Laboratories' Public-Key Cryptography Standards (PKCS) series.  By
   publishing this RFC, change control is transferred to the IETF.

Since full change control was transferred, that is there are no constraints, the statement in the RFC was considered sufficient.

Russ