Re: [homenet] Last Call: <draft-ietf-homenet-dot-12.txt> (Special Use Domain 'home.arpa.') to Proposed Standard

Hi Ted,
At 10:47 AM 8/16/2017, Ted Lemon wrote:
I believe the text is correct. A query for the NS record is required not to be forwarded by recursive resolvers. There is actually a mistake in the previous paragraph, though?"cacching resolvers" should be recursive resolvers.

Anyway, can you explain why you think the text is wrong? Did it not make clear that queries were not to be forwarded, or is there something I'm missing where it contradicts itself?

In Section 4, second paragraph in Item 4, there is a requirement not to forward with one exception, "a query for a DS record when the DO bit". The next paragraph then goes on to provide an example of a query and states the requirement again. It is not about whether the text does not make it clear or that there is a contradiction; it would be better to drop the "MUST" in that (third) paragraph as it is a restatement of the requirement in the second paragraph.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy